Available throughout the UK at your office, studio or home. You’ll be learning using your equipment and your images, in your own environment.
Who’s it for?
- Professional photographers who need a proven digital image workflow
- Emerging photographers who want to get to grips with image management and processing
- Enthusiasts – serious amateurs who want to achieve top-tier results
- See the testimonials section for some examples
What does the training cover?
Every aspect of digital workflow, from capture to final output (exhibition-quality prints, online galleries and websites, submission for publication or stock) and including colour management. We speak with you first and deliver content that’s useful for you. Call us on 0333 577 5703 or e-mail us and we’ll discuss topics and the emphasis you’d like placed on each.
What image-processing software do we teach?
- Adobe Lightroom Classic and Lightroom (all recent versions, including Lightroom CC)
- Adobe Photoshop CC (including CC 2019)
- Phase One Capture One Pro (including Sony and FujiFilm versions)
- DxO PhotoLab versions 1 and 2
What do we need from you?
- An environment in which you won’t be interrupted too often.
- A chair for the instructor and a chair for you.
- A desk-and-chair arrangement that will allow both of us to get a good view of the computer display.
What equipment do you need?
- A recent Apple Mac or Windows PC. 16 GB of RAM or more, ideally.
- Working copies of the apps (Photoshop, Capture One, Lightroom, PhotoLab, etc.) that we’ll be using
- A source of your own images to work on. Ideally, some raw files should be included but we can take photographs to obtain raw files during the training, if needed.
- An interchangeable-lens camera system. (DSLR, digital medium format, mirrorless, etc.)
- Your printer, with ink and paper and clean nozzles, if we’re covering printing
- A card reader or USB cable to hook up the camera and the computer.
- Enthusiasm and lots of questions!
- You’ll do best if you have time soon after the training to practice what we’ve covered
What do we offer?
- Digital workflow training that’s based on what you need to achieve
- A pace you’re comfortable with.
- A friendly approach. No rush and a minimum of techie jargon.
- Information on colour management, workflow, processing and print.
- Remote and local software support for photographers
Lightroom courses in London (Lightroom Classic CC, Lightroom CC)
Almost all our work is currently one-on-one training and support for photographers but if you’d like to attend a class, write (or use the contact form) and we’ll add you to the mailing list we maintain for group lessons. Bahi delivered popular courses on colour management for photographers for DMIC at the Ravensbourne campus in 2013 and 2014. Bahi also occasionally delivers a course at Four Corners Film — they have a newsletter that’s worth signing up to.
Photoshop training, London
Bahi delivers an occasional one-day Introduction to Photoshop course for up to six attendees. It’s held at BECTU’s training premises in Clapham, a three-minute walk from Clapham North tube station. We ran the course twice in 2015 and again in April, 2016. More information on the BECTU page for the course. We’ll update this page when we schedule the next session. It is now delivered using the latest version of Photoshop CC, on Apple iMac desktop computers.
Taking bookings now for June and July, 2019. Good availability in late June and early July.
Photographic groups and collectives
If you’re part of a team of photographers, we’re always happy to arrange group training and follow-up support. Please call or write to discuss.
Call 0333 577 5703 to discuss content or visit the contact page. We don’t employ any salespeople so if we’re not out training or teaching, you’ll end up speaking with us directly – we’re always happy to hear from you and we don’t make follow-up sales calls.